Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
The American Heart Association BLS course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
Who should take this course?
BLS is geared towards prehospital providers, like EMTs, nurses, paramedics, firefighters, in-facility hospital, nursing homes, and medical clinics. providers. Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years.
What does this course teach?
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Blended Learning $145/participant
Time saving combination of online portion and an In-person skill session on-site.
(Part I) Complete the online training at your own pace (you may pause and return at any time).
(Part II)Meet with one of our Instructors for a practical skills session which takes approximately 1 hour. (Once completed, you will receive certification valid for 2 years).
Skill Session location: 157 E 86 St. 4th Floor, New York, NY 10028 (86 Street and Lexington Ave, 4,5,6,Q, Trains).
Cost: $145/participant (Choose your date and time in the calendar below and proceed with payment)
Don’t forget to order your CPR mask! Delivered to your in-person skill session.